The Hopkinton Republican Town Committee (HRTC) exists to promote the principles
that unite us in a common purpose – to ensure that Hopkinton, MA remains an exceptional community
to live in and raise families. We believe Hopkinton is exceptional because of our heritage, our diverse
cultures, and our outstanding citizens. We affirm, as did the Declaration of Independence, “that all are
created equal, endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit
of Happiness”. We believe our constitutional system - limited government, separation of powers,
federalism, and the rights of the people - must be preserved without compromise for future generations.
The core values of the HRTC are the following:
- Our Community
- We believe the people of Hopkinton are our ultimate resource, and the people of Hopkinton are the best stewards of our town.
- We believe in equality for all the citizens of Hopkinton to seek out and work toward the fruitful benefits of the American Dream. We believe that all should have the opportunity for themselves, their children, and grandchildren.
- We believe in freedom for all people to believe in what they choose to believe in. We believe in freedom from being discriminated against or harassed based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender or gender identification, sexual orientation, or political beliefs.
- Our Government
- We believe in the necessity of fiscal responsibility to ensure our government works efficiently, through controlled taxes and spending to enable a high quality of life for our current and future residents.
- We believe the Hopkinton government should impose high demands upon itself, have an unrivaled work ethic, and always maintain full transparency to the taxpayers.
- We believe in independence from government control of our day-to-day lives and the bureaucratic inefficiencies that come with it.
- We believe in smart and responsible growth in our town that balances the needs of our resident, business, faith, and cultural communities.
- Our World
- We believe our local, national, and global environment are precious resources integral to our way of life. Our town should take steps to support local and state conservation initiatives which are deemed practical and evidence-based while balancing the real effects regulation can have on jobs, businesses, and natural resources.